Children need simple guidelines to help them come to terms with the needs of others and society. Children who misbehave will not be labelled naughty or humiliated; instead they will be helped to understand why their behaviour is not acceptable and be rewarded with attention when they behave well. Where necessary we will use time-out.
Where persistent behaviour difficulties arise the play staff will work together with the child and his/her parents to overcome such difficulties. Further information is available in our behaviour management policy.
To help ensure your child enjoys their time with us at playgroup in a safe environment we encourage the children to keep a few simple rules that focus on respect for others and personal safety.
- Always walk in the playroom
- Always leave the room with an adult
- Keep the sand in the sandpit
- Share toys with your friends & treat each other kindly
- Chairs are for sitting on
- Always wear a helmet when on a bike or scooter
Holm School Rules
When delivering or collecting children, parents/carers are asked to respect Holm School as visitors by:
- Keeping as quiet as possible
- Not letting children run around
- Not bringing dogs in to the school grounds