The Aims of Pink Panther Playgroup
For our children
- To create a safe and secure environment where the children have opportunities to make secure attachments.
- To provide opportunities for the children to share achievements both within and out with playgroup.
- To take the lead from children’s interests and to encourage independence, creativity and life-long learning skills
For our parents/carers
- To provide a welcoming environment for all parents with effective systems of communication, supportive relationships and the opportunity to contribute to the self-evaluation of the centre and ongoing improvement.
- To provide opportunities for participation in the life of the playgroup, through visits, trips and involvement in the parent committee
For our Staff
- To value all staff highly and ensure that every opportunity is given to each staff member to develop their personal skills and to broaden their knowledge and skills in caring for and educating the children.
- The commitment of management and staff to continual learning and developing along with a positive approach to new initiatives and strategies.
- The provision of a working environment which allows staff to flourish individually and to work together to create the best learning environment for the children.
For our local and wider community
- To apply the GIRFEC (Getting It Right for Every Child) approach and maintain positive working relationships with other agencies
- To work in partnership with the school nursery, local school, local authority and other agencies
- To follow best practice as indicated by the National Care Standards, SHANARRI, Child at The Centre 2 and the SSSC Codes of Practice.
How aims will be achieved:
The group offers a wide range of play activities to the children at each session.
Our aims will be achieved by allowing the children to participate in a variety of play and learning experiences as outlined in the Curriculum for Excellence experiences and outcomes.